Built on the legacy of the prestigious fashion house, Oscar de la Renta 2014 Fashion Jewelry reflects themes from the runway both in fashion and spirit. Designed and predominately handcrafted in America using the finest materials – from Swarovski crystals and Czech glass, to hand-poured cabochons and exclusive Russian gold – these modern treasures are heirlooms in the making.
“Every woman needs extraordinary jewelry”-Oscar de la Renta.
Such are the rich and vibrant overtones when you visit the House of Oscar de la Renta. De la Renta decided to forgo the usual fashion show unveiling and opted to display his newest fashion jewelry designs to carefully handpicked important guests and fashion editors in his blooming showroom for the latest resort 2014 collection.
His clothing collection is defined by romantic overtures, floral prints, and feminine touches in vibrant hues in lime greens, tropical coral and pinks, and livid blues, atop gorgeous fabrics like taffeta and lace.
Accessories always play a big role in Oscar de la Renta’s collections. Oscar de la Renta is still the emperor of embellishment for Resort 2014. Though some of the looks were less dramatic, the added ornamentation was welcome, because let’s face it- women seem to love it. In this collection, venturing away from the body was a bold decision for the designer, and one that worked well for the 21st Century feminine girl with statement necklaces, bracelets and oversized flower shaped earrings. They often matched with the outfits making for an impeccable yet flashy look.
- Richly jeweled collars, fitting close to the neck, offering a blending of sparkling Swarovski crystals and smooth resin cabochons for elegance and drama.
- Striking cast lace bibs, at once bold and graceful, with lacy swirls and curves, a fabric-like texture, and a warm, antiqued finish called Russian gold.
- Lacy and lovely with old-world charm, ornate pendant s with colorful cabochon centers that hang from an open chain but also can be slipped off and worn as a beautiful brooch on a sweater or lapel.
- Delicate beauty of Battenberg lace, cleverly translated into a graceful openwork cuffs that are as charming as they are dramatic.
- Vibrant cuff bracelets artfully crafted with gleaming gold tone filigree plating for an effortlessly elegant aesthetic.
- Flower-shaped discs in bright color combos formed of geometric shapes with smooth enamel-like finish in flirty designs.
- Shimmering teardrops hang from round medallions in colorful designs that combine faceted Swarovski crystals and faceted glass rhinestones.
- Elegant tassels with long strands of link chains or beaded fringe.
- Starburst and vine drop earrings as well as tri-toned drop earrings in geometric shapes in three rich colors, intricately carved and bezel set in gleaming brass.
- Sparkling faceted Swarovski crystals and smooth oval resin cabochons in rich shades striking jeweled designs in dramatic dome shapes.
- Feminine bow motifs inlaid with crystal and laced with Russian gold plating lace.
- Mosaic and two toned abstract rings in neutral and bold cameo style carvings.
- Jeweled butterfly and beetle motifs encrusted with vibrant stones in brass settings.
- The jeweled butterfly and beetle motif carried over into the beautiful faceted stones accented with a smooth, center of cabochon
- A floral filigree design featuring a large faceted stone center accented with pavé stone accents.
- Starbursts and laced convertible necklace to brooch exquisite pieces.
De la Renta must have really used his green thumb, as this is one garden you cannot wait to dig into.